TOP HEADLINES OF THE DAY
1. Rhea Chakraborty has tweeted and requested the Home Minister Amit Shah to order and initiate a CBI inquiry into what really led Sushant Singh Rajput commit suicide. She has tagged Amit Shah in her tweet where she states that she was his girlfriend and it has been over a month since his sudden demise. She also says that she has complete faith in the government and justice is still due.
2. A student of Aligarh Muslim University has lodged a complaint with the police against a fellow student who has allegedly threatened her on social media that she would be forced to wear a brassed hijab once the university reopens after the lockdown.
3. Another shocking incident of police brutality has come to the fore, after a video of cops assaulting a Dalit family in the district of Guna, Madhya Pradesh. The cops are seen on video thrashing the family and brutally assaulting them, even the young children. An investigation has been launched and the actions of the cops have been taken into account. The Superintendent of Police and District Magistrate has been transferred and the cops are under review on the entire matter. Public outrage on the video has been exponential.
4. Various incidents that have been recorded in Mumbai where kids often fall in manholes, BMC has put up a bizarre notice in the city’s chawls. The notice says that BMC should not be blamed if a child falls in a manhole or an open drain. As per BMC’s statement, parents should take care of their children, and they should not blame BMC in case any incident of a child falling in an open manhole or a drain is reported. There have been various incidents reported in Mumbai during the monsoon season where children have fallen into open drains and manholes as they are a recurring problem during monsoons.
5. The Maharashtra police have filed a charge sheet against 250 people in the Palghar lynching case with more than 150 people being arrested. The charge sheet names all the accuse in the case and calls for immediate action against the culprits. The case garnered national attention after the video of the lynching went viral where the police are seen not helping the elderly man and letting the public beat him. Some political parties tried to paint a communal color though the Maharashtra government added that no communal angle is found in the case and the lynching was due to rumor-mongering.
6. In a bizarre incident, a bridge collapsed in the district of Gopalganj in Bihar, the newly constructed bridge was inaugurated by CM Nitish Kumar on June 15 and aimed at helping the general public. But the bridge collapsed after rains and a little flood. The public is furious over the bad construction and quality of work and call for an answer from the Bihar CM Nitish Kumar.
7. The Home Minister of Maharashtra Anil Deshmukh has written to Centre demanding a ban on the broadcast of a film based on Prophet Muhammad. Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh has sought the ban on the film under the Information Technology Act to ensure the law and order situation is not affected in the state. The film ‘Muhammad: The Messenger of God’ is to be broadcast on July 21. The home minister has also demanded that instructions be issued to prevent broadcast of the film on digital platforms like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and WhatsApp among others. Why be selective on sentiments?
8. UAE Consulate Attache, Rashid Hameez, to whom the 30kg of Gold was addressed to in the first place in Thiruvanthapuram has left India. How did the person who was set to be interrogated the attache of UAE managed to leave?
Subscribe to Times Now | Click Here ► http://goo.gl/U9ibPb
Log on to www.timesnownews.com for the latest news & updates. Give a missed call on 1800 4190 300. Stay updated, stay ahead.’
▶Latest Breaking News on TIMES NOW – http://tiny.cc/hc4xdz
▶India Upfront With Rahul Shivshankar – http://tiny.cc/ju3xdz
▶The Newshour – http://tiny.cc/aw3xdz
▶Frankly Speaking with Navika Kumar – http://tiny.cc/fz3xdz