The 2019 global Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI) from the UN Development Programme (UNDP), the Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative (OPHI) was released Thursday
– The report said that in the 101 countries studied, 31 low income, 68 middle income and 2 high income – 1.3 billion people are “multidimensionally poor”
– Which means that poverty is defined not simply by income, but by a number of indicators, including poor health, poor quality of work and the threat of violence
– The report identifies 10 countries, with a combined population of around 2 billion people
– The report also highlighted a positive trend that those furthest behind are moving up the fastest.
Subscribe our channel for latest news updates:
#GetCloserToTheNews with latest headlines on politics, sports and entertainment on www.news18.com
To stay updated on-the-go, download the News18 App:
· Google Play Store: http://bit.ly/2VcRTRc
· Apple App Store: https://apple.co/2JceAmY
Follow us for latest news, photos & videos:
· Facebook: http://bit.ly/2vOO22u
· Twitter: http://bit.ly/2HdNKch
· Instagram: http://bit.ly/2PRgfiz
CNN-News18 is India’s most awarded English News Channel, and is one of the most respected and dynamic media brands in the country today. CNN-News18 has in a short time, redefined the limits and has set new standards for journalism in Indian news television through its differentiated programming and philosophy of inclusive journalism the spirit of ‘Whatever It Takes’. CNN-News18 continues to be India’s window to the world and world’s window into India. CNN-News18 has been awarded all the prestigious awards in the General News category in the country.