For the first time in three decades, this year’s Oscars ceremony will go ahead without an official host, an ABC television executive said on Tuesday.
Speaking just three weeks before the highest honours in the movie industry are handed out, ABC entertainment president Karey Burke said the Feb. 24 event would forgo a host and “just have presenters host the Oscars.”
ABC, a unit of Walt Disney Co., televises the Oscars ceremony annually and is closely involved in planning the telecast.
Comedian Kevin Hart stepped down in December from hosting the ceremony after past homophobic tweets resurfaced. No replacement was announced, but there had been no official statements on how the ceremony would proceed.
CNN-News18 is India’s most awarded English News Channel and is one of the most respected and dynamic media brands in the country today. CNN-News18 has in a short time, redefined the limits and has set new standards for journalism in Indian news television through its differentiated programming and philosophy of inclusive journalism the spirit of ‘Whatever It Takes’. CNN-News18 continues to be India’s window to the world and world’s window into India. CNN-News18 has been awarded all the prestigious awards in the General News category in the country.
Subscribe our channel for latest news updates: https://www.youtube.com/ibnlive
Follow Us On: